Groups of hosting services
A hosting service implies depositing and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for different ends, so let's have a peek at them. Doing so, you can decide what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to launch a web site, email addresses, or to share files with mates and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by some firms, which permits you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting plans often involve ads next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a certain amount of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incorrect interpretation of the real meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would share the tasks at hand between individual packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a huge quantity of pics with comrades or associates since the solution is generally free. You will get a random link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail aliases. Some providers provide web hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email service. If you desire to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have trouble with your website hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to administer as many video clips as you desire without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you desire to have a website. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting categories since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email accounts, upload video clips, and so on. At True Cloud Hosting, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the ordinary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for particular web content solely.